Ellen S. Wright
2008- 2011 Argosy University- Honolulu, HI Marriage and Family Therapy Program- Masters of Arts. GPA 4.0
2003 – 2004 Johns Hopkins University School of Professional Studies in Business and Education
1994 – 1998 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University B.S. Fisheries and Wildlife Science (Minor: Biology)
- Adult and Child First Aid CPR/AED through American Red Cross (April 2015 valid thru April 2017)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention – CPI training (April 16, 2015 valid thru June 2017)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Learning Collaborative (September 2011-September 2012)
- Girls Circle Facilitator Training completed and certified (April 2011) & Girls Circle Mother/Daughter Curriculum training (February 2012)
Program Director, ‘Ohana Support Services- Oahu, Hawai’i
March 2017-June 2018
Program Coordinator Intensive Home Based Services and Transitional Family Home Programs –Oahu, Hawai’i
- Worked conjointly with the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division (CAMHD) ensure that program goals and
standards are being met for the Intensive Home Based Services and Transitional Family Home Programs.
- Supervised a staff of sixteen (16) Intensive Home Based Therapists, one (1) Transitional Family Home Therapist/Case Manager, seven (7) Foster Families, Foster Home Developer, Administrative Assistant and Assistant Program
- Provided support, parent development and training for seven (7) Resource Caregivers within the program.
- Built relationships with Family Guidance Centers predominately on the island of Oahu but I have worked with the
Clinical Leads and Mental Health Care Coordinators for the Big Island Hilo office. I have worked with Mental
Health Care Coordinators on Maui and Kauai in addition.
- Participated in CAMHD Treatment Team Meetings and Department of Human Services Safety, Permanency, and
Wellbeing Roundtables (SPAW) meetings.
- Provided trainings and staff development opportunities for Hale Kipa as a whole and also program staff.
- Approved of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division (CAMHD)standards for DAP noting, Comprehensive Assessments, Summary Annual reports, Mental
Health Treatment Plans and Discharge Summaries in an electronic medical record program.
- Completed general program administrative duties such as maintaining our referral wait list for both programs,
approving time cards, approving employee leave and creating quarterly reports for CAMHD.
March 2015- October 2016
Community/School Based Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor – Rockingham County, Virginia
- Worked conjointly with the special education department within Plains Elementary School to review, implement, support and create Individualized Education Plan/ 504 Plan goals for students at risk of out of school placement.
- Facilitated individual, group and family counseling in the school environment and community
- Developed individualized service plans, quarterly reports, monthly reports and discharge summaries as per Medicaid requirements.
- Provided service coordination on a weekly basis with psychiatrists, targeted case managers, outpatient counselor, community based counselors and primary care physicians for the holistic care of individuals and families
- Provided Intensive In Home Therapeutic Services during the summer/fall of 2015 for clients in danger of being placed outside of their homes
September 2014- February 2015
Child Advocacy Center Coordinator
- Functioned as an advocate between the child and allied agencies known as the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) including hospital, law enforcement, social services, victim/witness program and the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.
- Conducted forensic interviews using the ChildFirst™ protocol with children who are alleged victims of sexual abuse, using evidenced based and developmentally appropriate techniques as set forth by the National Children’s Alliance standards.
January 2014 – May 2014
Adjunct Professor, Social Sciences and Teacher Education
- Course instructor for Introduction to Psychology and Adolescent Psychology
- Utilized online student portal system for grading, assignments, group and individual “chat” sessions.
September 2012- August 2013
On Call Therapist– Honolulu, Hawai’i
- Lead Therapist for Adult Probation Group for Sex Offenders.
- Completed bio-psycho-social assessments for new offenders entering in the therapeutic program.
- Participated in interdisciplinary treatment teams with probation officers, polygrapher and therapists to discuss treatment goals and progress for offenders.
- Complete administrative duties pursuant to the position such as month & quarterly reports.
- Worked with containment model partners to assure client adherence to treatment contract and goals.
- January 2011- September 2013
Practice Development Specialist– Project Kealahou, Honolulu, Hawai’i
- Implemented Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with youth ages 11-18 and families within the school system, Hawaii Youth Correctional Facility and with military base.
- Utilized Solution Focused therapy with families and adolescents.
- Implemented and supervised Girls Circle groups at 5 schools and the Hawaii Youth Correctional Facility and at a local high school.
- Supervised a staff of five Intensive Support Workers.
- System wide agency speaker on trauma specific content including presentations at the Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma, Bobby Benson, Kupu Hawaii,
- Created training protocol and training content for new staff.
- Chaired self care committee, Hui Ola Pono, with other staff members to implement curriculum and activities.